As a designated Government Depository: Davis Library receives many publications in paper that are kept on the Main Floor. Davis Library also maintains a collection of the most popular Government Documents online through RioCat. This includes law and statistical information:
Date Due ______________________
SOCIAL WORK RESEARCH NOTEBOOK ASSIGNMENT
Using Davis Library’s Social Work Resources LibGuide: libguides.rio.edu/socialwork, students will submit a Research Notebook documenting research activity regarding some topic of psychology. The Notebook should be neatly organized, well labeled, and contain the following information for each question:
Author, Title, How It Was Found, and a Brief (Two Sentence) Description of the Thing
1. As listed in Davis Library’s Social Work LibGuide, under the Page Reference Materials, include information on one entry from the Encyclopedia of Social Work relevant to the topic. A link to the online version of this encyclopedia is available from the LibGuide. Please Note: A special login is required for off-campus access.
2. As listed in the Social Work LibGuide, under the Page Reference Materials, under the heading “Online Statistical Databases”, include information for an entry or table from any one statistical related database relevant to the topic.
4. As listed in the Social Work LibGuide, under the Page Books, and the Box “OhioLINK Library Catalog - Borrow Books from Other College Libraries”, include information for two books (either print or online) found in other Ohio college libraries. (Ordering books is not necessary: Find information in the full entry.)
5. As listed in the Social Work LibGuide, under the Page Articles from Periodicals and Journals, and the Box “SocINDEX”, include information for two articles found in sociology related periodicals. Also, include an APA style citation for each article.
6. As listed in the Social Work LibGuide, under the Page Articles from Periodicals and Journals, and the Box “Other Social Work Related OhioLINK Databases” include information from any three different databases and relevant to the topic. One from each.
7. As listed in the Social Work LibGuide, under the Page Articles from Periodicals and Journals, and the Box “Suggested Social Work Related Journal Titles” include information from one article found while browsing through these online social work journals. (This is student’s choice: It does not have to deal with the relevant topic.)
8. As listed in the Social Work LibGuide, under the Page Miscellaneous, and the Box “Professional Social Work Organizations”, include information found through one of these suggested websites. (Student’s choice.)
Note:Computer generated citation tools may not be always correct. Be familiar with your citation manual and look for errors.
Public Library or Public School Affiliation May Be Required. Contact Davis Library for More Information:
#1 – This article was found in the online version of the Encyclopedia of Social Work by searching under the subject heading “Alcohol and Drug Problems”. It was written by Flavio F. Marsiglia and David Becerra. Social workers find many different kinds of substance abuse and dependence. Through various practice interventions, treatment and recovery is possible.