We can still circulate some items from the Davis Library Collection for pick-up. To make a request, please follow the instructions below:
- Search for library materials using the Davis Library Catalog—RioCat, for which a search box may be found on the Davis Library's Website—library.rio.edu (see Figure 1.)
- Identify the “Title” and “Call#” of each item you would like to borrow. Please be sure to also check the item’s “Status” to make sure it is “AVAILABLE” for check out (see Figure 2.)
Items with a “Location” that is listed below are NOT eligible for Pick-Up Borrowing Services:
- "Reserve" (also known as “Textbook/Course Reserves,” items with this “Location” are not owned by the Davis Library and are, consequently, restricted to in-house use only.)
- "Reference" (Materials found in this “Location” are also limited to in-house use.)
- "Madog Welsh Center" (Because this “Location” is outside of the Davis Library, items from this area may not be requested at this time either.)
- Use the Pick-Up Borrowing Services—Request Form to identify the “Title” and “Call#” of each item you wish to borrow. Your contact information; preferred pick-up time; and any additional comments or questions you may have should also be included. Once completed, click on the “Done” button at the end of the form to submit your request (see Figures 3-5.)
- All requests for Pick-Up Borrowing Services should be made before or by 9:00 am (Eastern Standard Time) of the Wednesday that the library materials are to be gotten.
- Hours for Davis Library’s Pick-Up Borrowing Services are set for Wednesdays from 10:30 am – 12:30 pm (beginning April 22.)
- If a custom pick-up time is needed, please include that information on our online request form. You may also email us at email@example.com or call 740-245-7382 (please leave a voice mail, if call is not answered by an actual person) to let us know of your extenuating circumstances.
- After requests are received, Davis Library Staff will contact you to confirm your pick-up time. Items to be borrowed will be placed in a bag with your name outside the Davis Library’s Main Entrance on a cart (see Figure 6.) This way, NO physical contact with any Davis Library Staff will be required.
Feel free to call us at 740-245-7382 to verify that your request is ready. Once more, please leave a voice mail, if there is no immediate answer. Remember, Davis Library Staff is limited during this time of social distancing.
- Davis Library Staff will wear protective face masks and gloves when processing all library materials for the Pick-Up Borrowing Services. Items will also be disinfected prior to lending as an added safety measure.
Loan periods will be extended, if necessary, until the Governor of Ohio’s COVID-19 stay-at-home and/or social distancing orders are lifted or even longer depending on the situation. Overdue fines will be waived during this timeframe, however, fees for lost or damaged items will still be applied. Please visit our Policies page for more details.
To return borrowed items, use the Book Drop outside the Davis Library’s Main Entrance (see Figure 7.) Items will be disinfected and quarantined for 1-week before they can circulate again.
Need help? Ask Us! Please see the various ways to contact us below.